Thursday, May 26, 2011

"J10": The Long and Winding Road

A simple posting here; a course reflection in which the entire quarter is examined. More so, the assignments and overall instruction gets to be evaluated this time. And no worries Gabe, I felt like you did an excellent job! The course itself was really slow at first, and honestly, I thought pointless. I won't lie, I regretted taking it in the first couple of weeks. Some of the assignments just felt...childish. However, as we got going, there were some really cool assignments that I felt lived up to a 'design' course, such as the letterform seek and find. Basically, any assignment where we had to take pictures and argue why they worked. Those were alot of fun and I felt like it was a great teaching experience. And the final project at the end? Great idea. I felt like like the project was a great teaching experience because it taught the value of group work, presentation skills, and of course, design elements. Things I would change? Less 'frivoulous' assignments. For instance, why so many peer dialogues? And why do we need to reflect on EVERY course lecture day? Not all of them offered material which could be assessed and critiqued for a 'deeper meaning'. So if I were to change things, I would give a few less assignments on the blog and possibly make the big Assignments a little different. Some were just goofy and didn't feel adequate for a college level course. But overall, the way the course was structured was superb and Gabe, you made it a really awesome experience. I was glad I had you for an instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment